Government & Public Affairs
Politics affects every industry. Governments of all parties say they want deregulation, but in practice, Ministers, regulators, quangos and legislation impact every part of how companies do business, from the environment they operate in to the way firms work. Ever sensitive to public opinion, politicians are increasingly driven by campaigning agendas to intervene to protect consumers and promote particular policy ends.
Our expertise lies in helping companies actively to manage the business and reputational risk the political process generates. To do this, we:
- Create and maintain a positive profile through long term public affairs programmes and driving targeted political campaigns to change the existing policy landscape
- Provide reliable insight and political intelligence about public policy development at all levels of government, Parliament, the devolved assemblies and local government
- Ensure that our clients’ messages are conveyed clearly and effectively by developing effective briefing materials and targeted contact programmes and by staging events, receptions and conferences
- Generate an evidence base using economic, consumer and political research as a platform for engagement with government, regulators and the policy community
- Provide input on all aspects of the legislative process from detailed analysis of a proposed Bill or Order, to developing effective lobbying strategies around them
- Assist in drafting responses to Select Committees and policy submissions to White or Green Papers, as well as helping witnesses prepare for live hearings
Our government relations capabilities extend beyond Westminster and Whitehall, to include the Scottish Parliament, the National Assembly for Wales, the Stormont Assembly, the English regions and an increasing number of statutory bodies. We also work closely with associates in Brussels to provide support for clients with an interest in the European Commission, Parliament and other EU institutions.
- Government & Public Affairs
- Media Relations
- Issues & Crisis Management
- Healthcare Communications
- Property & Planning
- Political Intelligence
- Opinion Research
- Stakeholder Events
Get in Contact
If you have any questions or if you would like any further information about Lexington Communications, please do not hesitate to get in touch either by telephone or email.
Tel: 020 7025 2300